Frances A. Karnes, Ph.D. , is a full professor in gifted education at the University of Southern Mississippi. She started and organized the Mississippi Association for Gifted Children in 1974 and served as the first president. She has served as the president of The Association for the Gifted and as a NAGC Board member. Dr. Karnes has co-authored/co-edited 57 books, 210 professional articles, and numerous book chapters. In 1979, she established the Frances A. Karnes Center for Gifted Studies, and has conducted Saturday and summer programs for gifted students since 1976.
- Public Relations and Gifted Education
- Legal Issues in Gifted Education
- Identifying Gifted/Disabled Students
- Continuous Progress Curriculum in Reading, Math, and Language Arts: A Positive for Gifted Students
- Preparing Gifted Students to Become Leaders
Return to list of speakers