In accordance with NAGC nomination and elections procedures, NAGC voting members in good standing are invited to submit an application for:
Network Chair and Chair-Elect
The term for successful candidates for Chair-Elect is two years, followed by another two years as Chair. The term of office begins on September 1, 2014. For a list of Network vacancies, click here.
Click here to view the complete Network election policy.
Successful candidates must:
- Be an NAGC member in good standing.
- Demonstrate experience as a strong facilitator, communicator, and consensus builder.
- Possess documented experience, service, or scholarship in gifted education.
- All candidates must have been a member of the Network they wish to chair for 2 years.
How To Apply - Click here to download the cover sheet.
A complete application includes the cover sheet and the following information:
- Name, Home address, Phone number, and email address
- A statement of candidacy including vision for the Network (150 words maximum)
- A resume, CV, or statement that includes:
- Educational Background
- Career Highlights and History
- Details of NAGC Participation
- Significant Leadership Activities
All nomination materials must be emailed (email@example.com) or postmarked by April 7, 2014. Electronic voting begins in June.
NAGC Regulations (Approved February 2007, this language covers sixteen articles describing the broad tenets of NAGC's governance structure, as determined by Ohio law and best practice in nonprofit management.)
For information about Board of Directors Nominations, click here.