Gifted Child Quarterly
Free Online Access
The benefits of NAGC individual and graduate student membership include free, full access to the electronic version of Gifted Child Quarterly online. If you have not already done so, you will need to set up your account to view and search articles back to Volume 1, issue 1 in 1957.
Sage Publications manages the online version of GCQ; you need to activate your account there for full-text access. If you have not previously activated your account, please follow the steps below. You may want to print out this page for easy reference.
To access the electronic version of Gifted Child Quarterly:
1. Go to the Gifted Child Quarterly site at http://gcq.sagepub.com.
2. For first time user, click on the "Activations/Acct Mgr" link on the left side of the page.
3. On the resulting page, click on the activation link "Activate Your Editor/Society Member Subscription"
4. You will be prompted to enter your NAGC Member Number and select your society (NAGC) from a pull-down menu. (Please note: Only "Individual" NAGC members have access.)
5. After you enter your Member Number, select your society, and click "Submit," just follow the simple instructions on the screen. On the "Instructions" page, be sure to check your personal data, enter a username, and password, and click submit to confirm the activation. Do not click the Journal Title link until the confirmation process has been completed. (You will receive an email confirmation from Sage.)
6. Once complete, return to the electronic journal homepage and select the journal cover for access to the current issue or click "Current Issue."
7. To select an issue from the archive, click "Select an Issue from the Archive," located in the middle of the screen
8. To search for articles, either click "Search for Articles" or use the quick search located at the bottom of the screen.
To activate your account, you will create a username and password to use when returning to the Sage site. If you forget your username or password, go to the "subscriptions" link on the left side of the page and look for the link "What to do if you forget your User Name and/or Password." You will be asked to provide some information about yourself. Upon confirmation of the information, the username of password will be emailed to you.
If you require technical assistance, please contact the SAGE Journals Online technical assistance located on the top of the web page under "contact us."
Return to the GCQ homepage.