NAGC Early Childhood Network
Convention Attendance Grant 2014
The Early Childhood Network of NAGC recognizes the importance of practitioners who have direct, daily contact with young gifted children. In an effort to support and encourage the participation of practitioners in NAGC and the Early Childhood Network, two (2) attendance grants of $250 each will be awarded for registration at the 2014 NAGC Annual Convention in Baltimore, MD, November 13-16, 2014.
Please contact Early Childhood Network Chair Ellen Honeck at Ellen.Honeck@du.edu with any questions on the information below.
All submissions must be emailed by Friday July 11, 2014. Please email your materials to: Ellen.Honeck@du.edu with a subject line of Early Childhood Grant.
Grant Application Requirements
Applicants must submit:
- An article description and outline that addresses the needs of young gifted children.*
- Résumé documenting your work with children ages 3 to 8
The article will be used in the Network's newsletter and should also address one of the topics related to the Network's mission statement. These topics are:
Nurturing outstanding potential, including but not limited to, identification and assessment of gifted students.
Curriculum and Instruction
Criteria for Selection
- Recipient must be a member of NAGC and the Early Childhood Network. Click to join now if you are not.
- Recipient must work with children ages 3-8.
- The description and outline submitted must (1) relate to the Early Childhood Network mission, and (2) reflect sound educational practice and theory.
- Applications must be emailed by July 11, 2014, to be considered.
Two (2) attendance grants of $250 each will be awarded by the Network for registration to the 2014 NAGC Annual Convention in Baltimore, MD, November 13-16, 2014.
*Upon receipt of the award a 2-5 page article will need to be submitted by October 10, 2014 for publication in the Early Childhood Network Newsletter.
Application Review and Notification
A committee of the Network Leadership will review and determine the recipients. Recipients will be notified by August 15, 2014