Save the Date
NAGC 62nd Annual Convention
- November 12-15, 2015, in Phoenix, AZ
- Call for proposals now open through February 11.
The National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) annually presents the Distinguished Scholar Award to an individual who has made significant contributions to the field of knowledge regarding the education of gifted and talented individuals. This individual should have a continued record of distinguished scholarship and contributions to the field of gifted education for more than 10 years, and must show a record of ongoing scholarly productivity as recognized by experts in the field.
Submission Procedure & Checklist
The NAGC national office will make every effort to contact those who have nominated a colleague, or those who have nominated themselves, to let them know of any missing materials, provided the nomination packet arrives at least two weeks before the deadline.
Evidence submitted should represent work in all three of the following categories:
1. Evidence of research in the field of gifted and talented.
2. Evidence that the contributions reflect a continuous and noted record of involvement in the field of gifted and talented education.
3. Evidence of recognition by peers of the importance of the above-mentioned contributions.
An individual may receive this award once.
The recipient(s) of the award and the other applicants will be notified of the Awards Committee's decision in writing no later than August 31, 2015. The award recipient will receive a plaque presented at the NAGC Annual Convention in Phoenix, AZ, November 12-15, 2015, and a featured speaker's position at the Convention.